IMPORTANT UPDATE: The NSW Government Home Saver Rebate program will end as scheduled on the 30th of June 2011. Hurry and get your chosen 5 star gas, heat pump or solar water heater installed before the 30th of June 2011 to take advantage of the NSW Government Home Saver rebate. Installations after this date will not be eligible. You have up to six months from the date of installation or until 5pm 30th of September 2011 (whichever is sooner) to claim your rebate. For more information, visit environment.nsw.gov.au/rebates
Effective 15th January, 2010 changes have been made to the NSW Government rebate program. The new Home Saver Rebate Program has simplified the offer and now provides $300 to households for installing a Solar, Heat Pump or 5 Star Gas water heater replacing an existing electric storage water heater.
Householders who have paid for and installed one of the above mentioned water heaters prior to midnight on 14 January 2010 will be entitled to the applicable previous rebate amount.
The Home Saver Rebate program has also been expanded to provide rebates for installing a rain water tank, 5 star efficient washing machine, 4 star dual flush toilet and a hot water circulator for instantaneous gas water heaters. A cap of $1500 is applied to NSW residences claiming funding under the Home Saver Rebate program. As the combined value of all the rebates exceeds the cap value, check to ensure you have not exceeded the cap prior to purchasing appliances. This cap does not affect eligibility to apply for other rebate programs and incentives.
Enter your post code in the Rebate Register to find out exactly how much in rebates you'll be entitled to by making the switch.
- The rebate applies to installations of solar, heat pump and 5 star gas water heaters replacing an existing electric water heater
- The rebate only applies to NSW residential dwellings, and may only be claimed by the owner of the dwelling. The rebate also applies to investment properties
- Solar and heat pump water heaters must be eligible to receive a minimum of 20 RECs
- Gas water heaters must achieve a minimum 5 star AGA energy efficiency rating
- Not available for new homes, or knock down rebuild construction
- Available for systems paid for in full and installed between 15 January, 2010 and 30 June, 2011
- The new water heater must be installed by a licensed plumber
- Visit www.environment.nsw.gov.au/rebates for more information
- Payment is made by the NSW State Government (Department of Environment and Climate Change)
- Payment will be made by cheque directly to the property owner (name listed on the application form)